I have recently been nominated for the Liebster Award!
Kristi, the writer of My Three Sons Shine nominated me. I am so grateful. Her blog is full of wonderful posts.
The Leibster award is an honor given from blogger to blogger. As a whole we love to connect with each other. There are many wonderful blogs out there to be discovered. I am still shocked that I was nominated at all. Thanks Kristi, it means a lot to me!
Part of the fun of the Leibster award is getting to know other bloggers. Here are the 11 questions that Kristi asked me. They are all really good, this is going to be a challenge.
- If you could have any super power, what would you choose and why? As a Mum of toddlers I would love to read minds. To be able to know what my cute and crazy munchkins are in need of. I don’t want to know all of the random thoughts that pop in their mind so I also need to be able to control when to engage my super power. Life would be so much simpler if I just knew what others wanted. At first I was only thinking about understanding my kids better but if I could read my hubby’s thoughts occasionally that would also be super helpful. Maybe with a bit of mind control mixed in. Is this too much to ask? Sometimes I just need my kids to actually do what I ask of them without a fight.
- Where is your favorite place to be? My grandparents have a cabin in Montana. Over the last 30 years they have developed their lot into what it is now. Growing up there was always work to be done. Most of the time I loved it. My family (parents and 4 siblings) most frequently slept in the tent trailer. That tent trailer is my favorite place in the world. It doesn’t really make logical sense. The trailer is decked out in 70’s decor and smells musty but it is the best! I’m sure I will cry like a baby when they finally get rid of the trailer.
- What do you hope to be most remembered for? I hope people remember me for my kindness. Everyone deserves to be treated with kindness and understanding. Seems like a simple thing but it is really huge.
- What do you do for fun? I am a little bit of a nerd so I am often planning. Planning daily life, tot school, meal planning, vacations, budgets, renovation plans, etc. I enjoy crafting. Especially quilting and making cards. In the summer I love boating! My favorite water sports are wake boarding and knee boarding.
- Where do you see yourself in 10 years? In 10 years I will probably be doing the same things just with more kids added to our team. I would love to be close to building our dream home on a small acreage.
- What encouraged you to start blogging? I’m not entirely sure. I know I started because I wanted to document our journey. I wanted a place where I could easily look back on what we have done. Where words and pictures could easily be combined as a record. From there my love of blogging has grown. I enjoy sharing our plans and my thoughts with my readers. I am hooked now!
- Where did you grow up? Magrath, a small town in Canada of approx 2,000 people.
- What is one goal you have for yourself? Now that I am thinking about summer. My summer goal is to jump both wakes on my wake board! My real life practical goal is to finish assembling my Tot-School and Pre-K lesson plans before we officially start in September.
- If you could have any job in the world, which job would you choose? I would choose to be doing exactly what I am doing. I absolutely love being a stay at home mom. It is what I have always wanted to be. Motherhood is my calling, my purpose. Everyday is wonderful and a challenge in its own way but I wouldn’t change it for the world. Well…. less bodily fluids would be great.
- What is your favorite memory from your childhood and why? I have a terrible memory. Its bad. I honestly cant pick a favorite memory. I know that I frequently played Mom or Teacher to my poor, unfortunate siblings. Especially my brother, who is just a two years younger than myself. I remember that we had a desk, an old school one from the 1950s or older. It had a ton of words, mostly names or pictures, carved into the surface. So many that you could barely write without having to use a notebook. I made my brother sit in the desk in front of our chalkboard and trace things. I don’t remember if he participated at all or if I just tried my best to make him a good pupil. Either way I remember this old desk, a chalkboard and lecturing my siblings. This is so funny to me know as my thoughts on education have vastly changed.
- What is the best thing you’ve ever experienced? This is going to seem odd. The best thing I have ever experienced is the birth of my second child, my daughter. Obviously giving birth is exceptionally difficult and unpleasant but it is also amazing! With my first I had no idea what was going on and was just overwhelmed with everything. When my daughter was born I was still nervous and overwhelmed but I knew that I could do it. I knew that I had a power within that I was unaware of previously. I felt amazing! Empowered! I have never felt that way about myself and it changed me for the better.
Now it is my turn to nominate other bloggers.
Here are my nominee’s:
Sarah and Rebecca at Connected Kids Create
Sarah and Rebecca are sisters that share their play based activity plans. Their activities are focused on kids the age of 0 – 4 years old. I love that they include simple plans for infants. They seek to introduce exploring and learning early on.
This blog comes all the way from South Africa!! This Mum of four has lots of knowledge to share. I am really loving her organization posts. I have a lot to learn from her. I think I will follow her example and organize my toys storage to better rotate them.
Sara at Happy Brown House
This blog is darling! Sara traded teaching in for being a Stay at Home Mom. She shares many wonderful education ideas but she had also expanded her writing into sharing real life. Crafts, parenthood, recipes, etc. There are so many gems to be found here.
Susie at Busy Toddler
Susie is a Mom of two cuties. She shares many wonderful activities, I especially love her Messy Messy Section. One day maybe I will be as brave as she is.
Amber at Educational Pursuits
Amber is a mom of eight kids. Yes, eight kids. She shares her knowledge in many different categories. Such as Photography, Health and Homeschooling. Spend some time here and you will find something that interests you.
Stephanie at She is 31
Stephanie shares a little bit of everything. Life has a little bit of everything and I love how she manages to write about many topics seamlessly. She has lots of great information to share.
For the official rules of the Leibster Award look here.
Here comes the fun part! The 11 questions for my nominee’s:
- If you could go anywhere, right now, where would you go?
- What is your favorite season and why?
- What event do you wish you could have personally witnessed?
- What encouraged you to start blogging?
- What is the best thing you’ve ever experienced?
- If you could have any super power, what would you choose and why?
- What is your favorite Holiday and why?
- Who is someone you look up to and why?
- Which cartoon character do you relate most to?
- What is your secret to happiness?
- What are you most grateful for?
That’s it, that’s all! I hope you enjoyed your read and discovered some more fabulous blogs.
Thanks for the nomination again, Kristi!