This week has been a whirlwind to say the least. A lot of things have happened that were completely unexpected. Well, unexpected to most people. One of the biggest announcements for us was the change to Home Centered Church announced by The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. I know, my brain exploded a little bit too. At first I was overwhelmed but quickly I was able to see the blessings and knew what we should focus on during our families worship service. Following the Prophet.
Follow the Prophet
These last few days I have been filled with gratitude for our living prophet, Russell M. Nelson. He has warned us and prepared us for the current struggles that the world is facing. We were very very far from following his counsel perfectly but we did a good enough job that I feel peace for the future. We have food, we have truth and we know how to listen to revelation (for the most part).
Our Home Centered Hybrid Sacrament Primary Meeting
Sacrament Hymn: As Now We Take the Sacrament
Sacrament: Proceed with the Sacrament only if you have been authorized to by your local leaders. You may also want to talk to your kids prior to your Church meeting about the importance of being reverent and treating this time sacred like they would in the chapel.
Scripture: Jacob 6:3 – How blessed are they who have labored diligently in his vineyard
- Our oldest (7) will be sharing about his favorite prophet. He wont tell us what he plans on saying but he wanted me to find a video and picture of his scripture hero.
- I choose this video because right now I feel like we are having to rely on the Lord. We don’t always know the destination but we have to trust in our Heavenly Father to take the step of faith. I just hope we don’t have to build a boat like Nephi or Moses. The Lord Instructs Nephi to Build a Ship
- If your kids have wiggly hands this Dot to Dot might be the perfect resource to have on hand Nephi Builds a Boat
- Images of Nephi
Song: Follow the Prophet
- We are going to use this song as a wiggle break. In our home the kids love pretending to be Prophets as they follow each other around the house. If this activity is too distracting for your home’s sacrament meeting simply sing the song to maintain a more reverent atmosphere.
Talk: King Benjamin
- Jason will be sharing about King Benjamin to remind our children how important it is to listen to our church leaders during General Conference. Every 6 months we focus on King Benjamin because during conference we build a fort and face it towards our leaders just like the Nephites did in the scriptures. Come see our tents on instagram.
- Images of King Benjamin
Article of Faith: 1 – We believe in God, the Eternal Father, and in His Son, Jesus Christ, and in the Holy Ghost.
Talk: Russell M. Nelson
- I could have assigned the talks to everyone except myself but I wanted to have the opportunity to bear my testimony of our Prophet that currently leads and guides us. We have been blessed with so many revelations recently and I am not certain which ones I want to talk about so I included some of Russell M. Nelsons messages for you to choose from if you too want to share some with your family.
- General Conference Remarks
- Closing Remarks of October 2019 – Announced bicentennial year of First Vision. Prepare for a conference like never before.
- Women’s Conference: Spiritual Treasures – Scriptures to ponder to prepare for April 2020
- Newsroom – Eat your vitamins and get your rest
- Witnesses, Aaronic Priesthood Quorums and Young Women’s Classes – Child and Youth Program Released
- Comfort during Covid-19
- Image of Russell M. Nelson
- Goals setting and discussion regarding the Child and Youth Program
- Family Calendar – go over our current schedule and add as needed
- Questions and Answers